Watercolour Wisdom: a four-week course designed for both absolute beginners and those with experience using watercolours.
Build your knowledge with each exercise to create a strong foundation for your watercolour painting. Week by week, the aim is to help participants to develop their skills and gain the confidence to challenge themselves further.
Starting with basic principles, including which materials to purchase for the best results, you will then delve into the complexities of the medium.
Materials are supplied by Rockhampton Art Gallery for the first Watercolour Wisdom session, during which time the tutor will discuss and explain recommended materials for participants to purchase. Following this, participants will supply their own materials for the rest of the course to enable them to get used to working with their own particular choice of brand and product.
Course overview/what to expect:
- This is a four-week evening course, suitable for mature 14+ and adults
- Participants will learn watercolour painting techniques across a range of subjects and genres, including landscapes, interiors and still life
- The aim is for participants to gain a sound knowledge in fundamental concepts of composition and colours;
- Participants with limited experience will learn from instruction and demonstration; participants with some prior experience will be encouraged to extend their skills and pursue particular interests
- The group size is small to ensure everyone receives individual tuition and support
Price: $140| $130 Friends of the Gallery (includes materials for week one)
Where: Rockhampton Art Gallery (entry via the front of the Gallery, directly off Victoria Parade)
Who: All ages and levels of experience welcome
Parking: Victoria Parade or Bolsover Car Park behind the Gallery
About the Tutor
In 2006, Elena Churilova moved from Russia to Australia as a qualified professional. Inspired by the local scenery (sky, sea, river, houses in the street), she returned to her passion of painting.
Elena began experimenting with various mediums and techniques (oil, pastel, gouache and watercolour) in a style which combines reality and fantasy. She has taught many successful and popular workshops and courses at Rockhampton Art Gallery, including Oils for Beginners, A to Z of Oils, Colourtherapy: Pastels, and Colourtherapy: Australian Landscapes.
Tuesday, 16 April 2019 | 06:30 PM
- 08:30 PM
Rockhampton Art Gallery, 62 Victoria Parade, Rockhampton City 4700 View Map