The Paint Place's annual support for Rockhampton Art Gallery's exhibition program supports an ever changing exhibition environment that excites and entertains. They contribute to the vibrancy of the exhibition program while honoring buying and supporting local.
The Paint Place is a family owned business for over 50 years, with four stores in Central Queensland. The family's Paints story began back in 1936 when its founders George and Ruby Earle moved to Maryborough and opened Maryborough Signs. George and Ruby saw the paint industry differently than most other paint retailers and were innovators with colour and how they took colour to the customer. In fact they were one of the first stores in Queensland to have a colour centre in store to help co-ordinate the best use of colour for the whole house. The success of this store soon rolled out to other cities, in 1959 George’s son Ray opened his first store in Bundaberg with his brother Les who then went on to open a store in Rockhampton. Ray then sold the Bundaberg shop in 1965 to concentrate on the growth of the business. Since then Ray, Les and their families have opened stores in Hervey Bay, Yeppoon, North Rockhampton, Kingaroy, Emerald and another in North Rockhampton called The Decorators Paint Place.
Find out more about Paint Place and what they do for the community.