Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Artist in Residence
In line with Zhenjiang, Jiangsu and Rockhampton Regional Council, Rockhampton, Queensland Memorandum of Understanding on Education Cooperation, Rockhampton Art Gallery is seeking an artist who lives and works in the Rockhampton Region to represent the Rockhampton Region in Zhenjiang, Jiangsu for one month, culminating on Rockhampton Day 2019, the 7 November 2019.
Zhenjiang, Jiangsu located in the south of Jiangsu Province, is a key city in the Yangtze River Delta. It boasts an area of 3,848 square kilometres, a population of 3.17 million and has jurisdiction over 3 country level cities: Danyang, Jurong and Yangzhong as well as 3 administrative districts: Dantu, Jingkou and Runzhou and Zhenjiang New area. Zhenjiang is approximately 85kms away from Nanjing, capital city of Jiangsu Province. Nanjing has an international airport and it was China’s capital city until 1949. It is strategically located to absorb huge market demand from 22 cities in the Yangtze River Delta and is 50kms away from Nanjing (Jiangsu Provincial capital) and 230kms from Shanghai. Zhenjiang is conveniently located along the high-speed railway connecting Shanghai-Nanjing-Beijing.
Rockhampton Art Gallery is seeking an artist to undertake a 1 month Artist in Residency, culminating on Rockhampton Day 2019.
• Hold a current ABN, or complete a Statement by Supplier Form
• Hold a current Public Liability for $20M
• Commit to undertake a 1 month Artist in Residency in Zhenjiang, Jiangsu in the month from the 1 November 2019 - 30 November 2019, culminating on Rockhampton Day 2019 the 7 November 2019.
• A desire and willingness to want to learn more about his specific art area in Zhenjiang, Jiangsu meet some relevant artists and organisations to expand your own network
• Participate as a city ambassador for Rockhampotn while in Zhenjiang, Jiangsu
• Represent Rockhampton in Zhenjiang, Jiangsu to help expand relevant links between the sister cities
• With the assistance on an onsite interpreter and cultural adviser engage with the Zhenjiang, Jiangsu community and the Rockhampton Day preparations and celebrations.
• Rockhampton Regional Council will fund 100% of the Artist in Residency flights and per-diems.
• Rockhampton Regional Council and Zhenjiang, Jiangsu will arrange accommodation and onsite translator at no cost to the Artist in Resident.
• Hold current Public Liability for $20M
• Hold appropriate Workplace Health and Safety and Insurance and will be required to - present current tickets and licenses, including a valid passport and visas
Authority & Accountability
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision
• Demonstrated ability to priorities workload and meet deadlines
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of Occupational Health &Safety and risk management practices
Judgment and Problem Solving
• Ability to apply innovative solutions and ideas in the workplace
Authority & Accountability
• Interpersonal communication skills and cultural awareness
• Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member
• Knowledge and demonstrated commitment to the principles of a safe, welcoming and cultural aware environment
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Applications are due by 04.00PM on 28 April 2019.
Applications to the opportunity are required to include:
a) Contact details: name, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address
b) A response to the opportunity and the benefit of the opportunity to your arts practice (maximum one page)
c) Current CV relevant to the opportunity (maximum three pages)
c) Copies of certificates, Licenses and travel documents
d) Support images (up to 10) of practice relevant to the opportunity
e) Referees (minimum two)
For an application to be considered, it must be completed in full and submitted by the closing date. Applications to the opportunity may be lodged with Rockhampton Art Gallery either electronically via email or in hard copy format.
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS (preferred method)
Applications submitted electronically must be sent to the following email address by the specified closing date.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that any documents or information sent electronically are in an accessible format (such as PDF, Excel or Word).
HARD COPY SUBMISSIONS
Alternatively submissions may be printed and lodged in hard copy format. Please note that the opportunity response must be in a sealed envelope and be clearly marked. Rockhampton Art Gallery accepts no responsibility for documents that are lost in the post or misplaced in transit.
Please mail to:
Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Artist in Resident
Rockhampton Art Gallery
PO Box 1860,
Rockhampton Q 4700