Merilyn Luck Gallery - Terms and Conditions
1. The Merilyn Luck Gallery is a temporary exhibition space open to all forms of art media, and administered by Rockhampton Art Gallery (herein the ‘Gallery’).
2. This is a non-acquisitive, small-scale exhibition opportunity. Applicants are encouraged to consult the Merilyn Luck Gallery plan included with this application form, and nominate their preferred exhibition space – walls, or the showcase Applicants may contact the Rockhampton Art Gallery Curator with any questions prior to submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI). The Curator may be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Merilyn Luck Gallery is open to Central Queensland artists residing in the following regions and shires: Rockhampton, Livingstone, Gladstone, Banana, Woorabinda, Central Highlands, Isaac, Barcaldine, Blackall-Tambo, Longreach, Winton, Barcoo, Diamantina and Boulia.
4. Employees of Rockhampton Art Gallery and members of their immediate families are ineligible to apply.
5. Exhibited works must be owned and created by the artist.
6. All applicants will be notified of the selection outcome within 30 days of the gallery receiving the application. The selection panel's decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. EOIs will not be returned, and may be retained for consideration for future exhibition opportunities.
7. Successful applicants will be provided with: $300 artist fee; curatorial support for exhibition development; exhibition marketing through Gallery streams; and public program opportunities including a 'Meet the artist/s' talk and/or delivery of a practical workshop. The Gallery is not responsible for any design or costs associated with catalogues or other printed material. The Gallery will not be holding an opening event for the exhibition.
8. Works selected for the exhibition will be negotiated with the Curator.
9. All works must be marked clearly on the back with artist’s name, title of work, and installation instructions included (if applicable). The works selected will be shown in the Merilyn Luck Gallery for the time period indicated in the Loan Agreement.
10. All works selected must be professionally prepared for hanging/installation as negotiated with the Curator. The Gallery will not be responsible for any costs associated with preparing works for exhibition. Any display equipment that may be provided by the Gallery will remain property of the Gallery at the conclusion of the exhibition.
11. All works must be for sale. The Gallery will retain 30% commission on any sales from the exhibition. All revenue raised from sale of works of art will contribute to the Rockhampton Art Gallery Gift Fund. Any works acquired for the Gallery’s permanent collection will be purchased less 30% commission.
12. Selected artists grant a copyright licence for their works to be reproduced in the advertising and promotion for the exhibition. Rockhampton Art Gallery reserves the right to reproduce the exhibited works of art in subsequent publications by the Gallery.
13. Freight and insurance is the responsibility of the artist. Artworks will not be accepted unless delivered and returned free of all freight and other charges. Artworks must be collected within one week of the exhibition closing. Artworks that are not collected by the specified time will not be acquired for the Gallery collection, and may be disposed of by the Gallery.
14. All personal information gathered by the Gallery will be used solely for the purpose of administering the Merilyn Luck Gallery.