Frazer Park Seating Treatment
Rockhampton Regional Council recognises that high-quality places derive added value from the innovative integration of art, design, architecture and related elements to generate a sense of community pride and identity.
Together with inspired design, incorporating artwork in public places encourages community ownership, cultural enrichment and ultimately economic benefits.
Rockhampton Regional Council is seeking creative placemaking design proposals for an artistic treatment of treatment at Frazer Park, Mt Archer.
The selected artist/s will be responsible for the supply of a graphic drawing that can be translated to a metal application that will act as seating ends to existing public seating.
• Public liability insurance cover ($10 million) as a non-negotiable requirement
• Present a concept design for assessment, selection and approval
• Following approval, work with the responsible officer to develop the concept to fabrication and ensure a high-quality outcome
• Attend publicity/promotional opportunities
• Present a maintenance schedule
Specific Project Requirements
Rockhampton Regional Council is seeking a public artwork in the form of a graphic drawing that can be translated to an artistic treatment for the Frazer Park public seating.
Any or all of the following concepts can be included:
Nature (flora and fauna)
History/current use of Frazer Park.
The work can be either
• Or a combination
The work will be located in Frazer Park, Rockhampton.
The designed work will be applied to a flat metal surface. The flat metal surface will act at the end of a pre-existing public seat.
The design must meet the following physical specifications:
• The artwork is expected to add aesthetic value to the site and become a destination point for members of the public who use and visit Frazer Park
• The work should be supplied as a 25MB TIFF digital file
• Materials must be suitable for outdoor purposes. They should be permanent, durable and low maintenance
• Artists are invited to submit a maximum of 2 designs.
In selecting a concept, the selection panel will consider (but not be limited to) the following key selection criteria:
• Originality and general inventiveness
• Structural stability
• Relevance to proposed location
• Quality of visual representation
The total artist fee is $1,000 (GST inclusive) for the supply of each graphic drawing that can be translated to a metal application.
Rockhampton Regional Council will cover the costs all costs associated with the translation for the graphic drawing to metal, including:
• All material and fabrication costs
• Transport/ delivery costs
• Interpretive signage
Individual artists or artist teams must be inclusive of at least one residents of Rockhampton Regional Council area.
Applicants can be individual artists or artist teams.
Your expression of interests is required to include:
• Contact details: name, telephone number, mobile number, email address, street address, ABN
• Current CV relevant to the opportunity (maximum 1 page)
• Concept design with a maximum of 2 design options, supplied as high resolution digital files.
Submitting Your Expression of Interest
Applications will close on 28 April, 04:00 PM
Any EOI received after the closing date may be deemed non-compliant and disqualified by Rockhampton Regional Council (in its absolute discretion) from the assessment process.
For an EOI to be considered, the artist must comply with the following requirements:
a) All applicable EOI documentation is completed in full and submitted
b) The EOI is lodged by the specified closing date
Any EOI that does not comply with the above requirements or meet the minimum content standards may be deemed non-compliant and eliminated from the assessment process unless it is clear that the artist has made an unintentional error of form.
Expressions of Interest may be lodged with Rockhampton Art Gallery either electronically via email or in hard copy format
Electronic EOI submissions (preferred method)
EOI submitted electronically must be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
Artists are responsible for ensuring that any documents or information sent electronically are in an acceptable format (such as PDF, Excel or Word).
Hard copy EOI submissions
Alternatively EOI submissions may be printed and lodged in hard copy format. Please note that the EOI must be in a sealed envelope and be clearly marked. Rockhampton Regional Council accepts no responsibility for documents that are lost in the post or misplaced in transit.
Please address all mail to:
Rockhampton Art Gallery
PO Box 1860
ROCKHAMPTON Q 4700
For any questions contact:
Bianca Acimovic – Gallery Director - Rockhampton Art Gallery
T 07 4936 8248